Re: [S-R] Need help with surnames

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 16, 2007
      Joann,
      Is the information in your e-mail the only facts you have on your grandparents?
      Do you have copies of their death certificates?
      Where did they live? When did they die?
      Michael Mojher

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 17, 2007
        Hi Joann:

        The name YENCA (a phonetic spelling) will possibly appear in the church
        records as JENCA. If your family is from the Saris highlands west of Presov,
        please let me know as there are several JENCA families that I am related to in
        the villages of SIROKE, VITAZ, OVCIE, DOLINA in SARIS county.

        Best regards,

        David

        Researching the village of ROZNAVA in GEMER County // the villages of
        DOMANOVCE, HRISOVCE, KIS SZALOK, KALAVA, KOLONOCZ, KLUKNAVA, MLYNICA, RICHNAVA,
        SPISSKE VLACHY, STARY SMOKOVEC, SLATVINA, in SPIS County // the villages of
        DOLINA, OVCIE, SIROKE, AND VITAZ in SARIS County the following surnames: BALOGA
        (BALOG, BALOGH), BELAK, BUXAR (BUKSAR) CSUJ (CUJ), HAMRAK, HARBALY, HARENCSAR,
        HRONEC, HVIZDOS, JURASKO, KAFFAN, KOVALCIK, KREDATUS, ONDERCIN, RUSZBACZKY,
        TAKACS, TOMASOV, and variant spellings thereof. Also KUBIT, MOSKAL, ZAJDEL,
        WALASZCZYK, KOSIBA in BIALOBRZEGI, SUCHODOL, GLOWIENKA, and KROSNO, POLAND.