Re: [S-R] Notable Carpatho-Rusyn / Slovak Birthday!

  • K Higgison
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 13, 2007
      Happy 90th Birthday to your Mom and God Bless her!!!!!

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 15, 2007
        Hayy Birthday to a wonderful Mother model. Give her a hug for me, from
        Jackie in Alaska

        >From: "K Higgison" <khiggison@...>
        >To: <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: Re: [S-R] Notable Carpatho-Rusyn / Slovak Birthday!
        >Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 14:46:32 -0400
        >

        >Happy 90th Birthday to your Mom and God Bless her!!!!!

        Add the Windows Live Messenger NHL Stats Agent to your buddy list and get
        your stats fix instantly http://sports.sympatico.msn.ca/NHL/NHL_Stats_Agent
      • Edie
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 15, 2007
          Happy Birthday to your dear Mom!
          edie

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 18, 2007
            MANY THANKS !!!

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 18, 2007
              DEAR JACKIE:

              MANY THANKS !!! I will tell Mom she is even celebrated in beautiful Alaska! She will get
              such a big kick out of it.

              Where are you located in Alaska? I am so jealous (in a nice way!) of your life in God's
              country! It must be spectacular! Definitely a childhood dream to see Alaska...well, only
              likely to happen if I win the lottery. -sigh-

              Please drop me a line, if & when convenient, & tell me about your wonderful Alaska. I know
              my Mom had/has a 2nd cousin on her Dad's Sepelak (Sepelyak) side that was in the Air
              Force & then stayed to live in Alaska many years ago. I once remember seeing a pickup
              truck that came to a funeral & it had Alaska plates on it!

              My local parish priest in Perth Amboy, NJ has a 25+ year friendship with the Russian
              Orthodox Bishop of Alaska, Bishop Nicolai. Sometimes, he visits us when he is in the area,
              usually as he passes thru NY city for some meetings/conferences about once a year. That's
              about as close to Alaska as I have gotten!

              Fond regards,
              Janie

              0> > ----- Original Message -----

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 18, 2007
                MANY THANKS !!!
                I will share your greetings with my Mom...she will love it!

                Best regards,
                Janie

                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Edie" <sando1@...> wrote:

                > Happy Birthday to your dear Mom!
                > edie

              • Pat and Lane Watkins
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 19, 2007
                  Happy Birthday to your MOM. My mother isn't far behind--on April 21
                  we will celebrate her 88th. Her parents are from Rovne (mother, my
                  grandmother) and Nitra (father, my grandfather). Grandpa first lived
                  in Homestead, PA (Pittsburgh area), then bought a farm and moved his
                  growing family to Hartstown, PA (near Linesville). He was a dairy
                  farmer there and that is the place I remember visiting as a child.

                  As for me, I'm half Irish and half Slovak. Married a man with
                  English, Scottish, French and maybe Welsh ties. What a heritage!

                  Pat