Re: [S-R] C'upka

  • Karen C
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 12, 2007
      Johndqadam

      You sent this information to me last summer. I think I have talked my husband into a trip to Ireland and Slovakia this summer. I would like to write a letter to these individuals.

      My question, with what is provided below, how would you address the envelope? How lucky have others been using this approach?

      Also, does anyone know a good site for traveling to Czech Republic/Slovakia which includes places to stay, traveling by car/train, etc.?

      Karen

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 13, 2007
        >>> does anyone know a good site for traveling to Czech
        Republic/Slovakia which includes places to stay, traveling by
        car/train, etc? <<<

        BASIC RESEARCH HELP
        For basic research help, be sure to visit Bill Tarkulich's excellent
        site at http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/

        CURRENT MAP

        >>> My question, with what is provided below, how would you address
        the envelope? <<<

        Cupka Jan or Jan Cupka
        Sumiak 581
        97671 Sumiac
        SLOVAKIA or SLOVAK REPUBLIC

        Be forwarned, some of the accented Slovak letters did not print
        properly.

        >>> How lucky have others been using this approach? <<<

        How is your Slovak? None? Some?

        Fly to Kosice and hire Mick Sura, who lives in Kosice, to set up your
        family visits in advance and to squire you around to the village and
        area.
      • johnqadam
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 13, 2007
          >>> does anyone know a good site for traveling to Czech
          Republic/Slovakia which includes places to stay, traveling by
          car/train, etc? <<<

          BASIC RESEARCH HELP
          For basic research help, be sure to visit Bill Tarkulich's excellent
          site at http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/

          CURRENT MAP

          >>> My question, with what is provided below, how would you address
          the envelope? <<<

          Cupka Jan or Jan Cupka
          Sumiak 581
          97671 Sumiac
          SLOVAKIA or SLOVAK REPUBLIC

          Be forwarned, some of the accented Slovak letters did not print
          properly.

          >>> How lucky have others been using this approach? <<<

          How is your Slovak? None? Some?

          Fly to Kosice and hire Mick Sura, who lives in Kosice, to set up your
          family visits in advance and to squire you around to the village and
          area.
        • Michael Mojher
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 13, 2007
            Karen,
            http://www.budgettravel.com/slovakia.htm
            This site has many links related to traveling in Slovakia.
            http://www.slovakiatourism.sk/
            This is the official government site.
            Michael Mojher

            >>> CHUPKA AND IT SHOWS HIM BORN IN SUMJAC, CZECHSLOVAKIA <<<

            SLOVAK TELEPHONE WHITE PAGES
            You might find relatives in Slovakia who have a telephone by looking
            them up in the phone book white pages at
            http://www.zoznamst .sk/hladaj? co=st_zoznam_ en

            To use the search engine, you need to complete the first 4 letters
            of last name plus wild card *
            In the 'Town' section use 00 and leave the area code blank to search
            all Slovakia.

            The Slovak area code map is at
            http://www.centroco nsult.sk/ facilities/ phonemap. html

            S'umiac is full of C'upkas!

            C'upka Ján, ¦umiac 581, ¦umiac
            C'upka Michal, ¦umiac 4, ¦umiac
            C'upka Mikulá¨, Potôèky 167, ¦umiac
            C'upka ¦imon, Buèinka 62, ¦umiac
            C'upka Vladimír, ¦vermova 582, ¦umiac
            C'upková Barbora, ¦vermova 651, ¦umiac

            CURRENT MAP
            http://www.jewishge n.org/ShtetlSeek er/loctown. htm

            ShtetlSeeker will take you there via Mapquest.

            C'upková Mária, Partizánska 348, ¦umiac
            C'upková Mária, J.Kriváòa 148, ¦umiac

            ps: Apologies for any accented letters that don't reproduce properly.

            Yahoo! Groups Links