Re: [S-R] Look up request on Ancestry - Immigration Passenger List

  • Don Havlicek
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 4, 2007
      I wonder if Mal. is an abbreviation for Malapolsky ... part of Southern
      Poland.
      Don Havlicek

      johnqadam wrote:

      > What do you make of the Grabina, Mal.(?). Perhaps not Russia, though I
      > do see the ditto marks.
      >
      > The husband was located in Indian Harbor, IN, probably working in the
      > steel mill. I don't know if that fits with other available info.

    • helene cincebeaux
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 4, 2007
        Trying to track down Wlodzimierz Danielwicz born July 7, 1863 in Bobrka, Mala Polska.

        Trouble is there are three Bobrkas

        1) right on the Polish/Slovak border north of the Dukla Pass

        2) near Sanok, Poland

        3) in Ukraine

        Does the name give any clues to place of origin? He emigrated to Chicago

        have a page of births from an old records from Bobrka - the handwriting is lovely but cramped into a tiny space and hard to read - wonder if the other names there would give any clue as to which Bobrka

        FedoryszynJacobus
        Kremer, Michael
        Danilewicz?? hard to read, Helena
        Wegrzyn, Adalbertus