RE: [S-R] Look up request on Ancestry - Immigration Passenger List

  • Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 4, 2007
      I think it is likely Leokadya Mlynowska, born 1888, immigrated 1913 from
      Grabina, Russia. She was traveling with children, Mieczyslara(?), 3, and
      Helena, 6. I suspect that Mlynowska was the feminine form of the Mlynarski
      name.

      For searching Ellis Island records it is much preferable to use
      www.stevemorse.org <http://www.stevemorse.org/> . I found her by using
      Starts With Leo and Mlyn.

      The Detroit Census records for this family indicate they were from "Russian
      Poland."

      Janet

      _____

      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 4, 2007
        Thank you Janet, I did see that also. I have forwarded your message
        to Silvan to see if it might sound familiar.

        Thanks to all who responded.

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Janet Kozlay" <kozlay@...>

        ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On
        > Behalf Of fc_popovich
        > Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 4:10 PM
        > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [S-R] Look up request on Ancestry - Immigration Passenger
        List

        > Hi,
        >
        > Is there anyone able to do a lookup at Ancestry.com for a fellow
        Slovak
        > researcher in the U.K.?
        >
        > He needs the info on LEOKADIA MLYNARSKI - NY Passenger list 1820-
        1957.
        > I see the name in the 1920 census and have already sent that to him.
        >
        > Thanks from us both if you are able to help.
        >
        > Fran

      • johnqadam
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 4, 2007
          >>> from Grabina, Russia.<<<

          What do you make of the Grabina, Mal.(?). Perhaps not Russia, though I
          do see the ditto marks.

          The husband was located in Indian Harbor, IN, probably working in the
          steel mill. I don't know if that fits with other available info.
        • Don Havlicek
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 4, 2007
            I wonder if Mal. is an abbreviation for Malapolsky ... part of Southern
            Poland.
            Don Havlicek

            johnqadam wrote:

            > What do you make of the Grabina, Mal.(?). Perhaps not Russia, though I
            > do see the ditto marks.
            >
            > The husband was located in Indian Harbor, IN, probably working in the
            > steel mill. I don't know if that fits with other available info.

          • helene cincebeaux
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 4, 2007
              Trying to track down Wlodzimierz Danielwicz born July 7, 1863 in Bobrka, Mala Polska.

              Trouble is there are three Bobrkas

              1) right on the Polish/Slovak border north of the Dukla Pass

              2) near Sanok, Poland

              3) in Ukraine

              Does the name give any clues to place of origin? He emigrated to Chicago

              have a page of births from an old records from Bobrka - the handwriting is lovely but cramped into a tiny space and hard to read - wonder if the other names there would give any clue as to which Bobrka

              FedoryszynJacobus
              Kremer, Michael
              Danilewicz?? hard to read, Helena
              Wegrzyn, Adalbertus