Re: [S-R] Re: George Tkach

  • The West's
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 24, 2007
      Thank you so much. I could not read that and I would like to know more if you can help me out. Deb

      johnqadam <johnqadam@...> wrote: Will Anderson writes:
      Ah, you're looking at the George Tkacs (age 23) who arrived with a
      Janos Goga on Ellis Island aboard the Neckar, 10 Dec 1909. They were
      going to live with Janos Goga's brother, György Goga, in Braddock, PA.
      The same image, on Ancestry.com, has his "birth location other"
      indexed
      as "gelso gekase." Looking at the image, his birth location appears to
      be "Felsõ Fekete," and his last residence appears to
      read "feketepatak." It also says that he left a wife
      in "Felsõfeketepatak, Zemplen." So that would be modern C'ierne nad
      Topl'ou.

      http://www.ellisisland.org/search/passRecord.asp?
      MID=00122803500010258240&FNM=GEORGE&LNM=TKACS&PLNM=TKACS&first_kind=1&
      la
      st_kind=0&RF=1&pID=101735130108&

      Hope that helps.

    • johnqadam
      Message 32 of 32 , Jun 11, 2007
        >>> Please help me to find this I can not seem to locate this on the
        site. I truly appreciate your help. Deb <<<

        Tkacs, Maria Szacsur 25 1885 1910