RE: [S-R] "obyvatelov Nyiredhazskych"

  • Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 21 4:22 AM
      I would think that it was Nyiregyhaza, a major city in Hungary today.

      _____

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 21 10:10 AM
        Peter,
        John Q thought that the phonetic Ol-yaz-vitz could be the word Olyavec. He said that would translate to Olgya village. The Hungarian named village of Olgya is the present day Ol'dza. Which is very near you. According to the Slovakia Census Ol'dza is 94% Hungarian. The family of the friend I'm researching this for is the name Haver. Using the online telephone directory I found five Havers listed in telephone code 031. None of them in Ol'dza.
        My friend, Brian Tilkington, said he was interested in having a professional do a genealogy search. He was wondering what it might cost. I know many factors will determine the cost. Can I give him a idea what the range might be if you did the search for him?
        Michael Mojher