Winkler family

  • Sheron Winkler
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2007
      My husband and I are searching for his ancestors who came to the
      United States in 1912-1913.We have discovefred their home towns on
      the passengers list and now we are attempting to trace them back.
      Peter Vinckler(Winkler) arrived in 1912 and was from
      Hedasbeng,Hungary. When trying to look for this place on shetlseeker
      the town came up as Kettospince or Kettospencedulo. Maria Vinckler
      (Winkler) arrived with her infant son Sylvester in 1913. Their stated
      village of origin was Puspoki. We have discovered that this is now
      Podenajeske Biskupice or Bratislava II it was Austria-Hungary in 1912
      and is now in Slovakia. My husband's grandparents spoke both
      Hungarian and German.Maria Winkler's maiden name was called Stanley
      in the U.S. but records for their children show several spellings,
      among them:
      Stengl,Stengli,Steindel,Stendel,Stringles,Stundle,Stanka,Stanko,
      Could anyone help me determine the most likely name to search for?
      Where is Hedasbeng? We are thinking that it is near Budapest but not
      certain. Any ideas or information would be greatly appreciated. Thank
      You, Sheron
      Sheron Winkler
      sheron@...

    • Sheron Winkler
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2007

        Sheron Winkler
        sheron@...

      • Janet Kozlay
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4, 2007
          I was unable to find Peter's passenger list based on the information you
          provided. Could you be more specific?

          How about Hedrahely in Somogy megye?

          Janet

          _____