Re: [S-R] I received my grandmothers birth certificate and Tkach is spelled Tracs on it

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2007
      Origin Displayed: German

      Origins Available: German, Ukrainian
      Spelling variations of this family name include: Tkach, Trzaska, Trzaskowski, Trzeszkowsky, Trzahkowsky, Trzeska, Treikach and many more.

      First found in Prussia, where the name emerged in medieval times as one of the notable families of the region.

      Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: settlers who travelled to the New World and established themselves along the eastern seaboard of the United States and Canada in the 18th and 19th centuries.

      )