ZEUEZOVCE C.S.P.

  • bojomo42
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2007
      I just found an old post card sent to my Grandmother in San Francisco,
      California. There is no date on it but the postage stamp has ZEUEZOVCE
      C.S.P. and the numbers 16X1155-10 stamped on it. Can anyone help? The
      postage stamp is from Ceskoslovensko and has what looks like a miner
      holding a power drill and drilling into a rock surface in a mine.
      Thanks,
      Joanne
    • Vladimir Linder
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 25, 2007
        The town is called ZELIEZOVCE dating back to 1274 and it is south of
        LEVICE.

        Vladi

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "bojomo42" <bojomo@...> wrote:

        > I just found an old post card sent to my Grandmother in San
        Francisco,
        > California. There is no date on it but the postage stamp has
        ZEUEZOVCE
        > C.S.P. and the numbers 16X1155-10 stamped on it. Can anyone help?
        The
        > postage stamp is from Ceskoslovensko and has what looks like a miner
        > holding a power drill and drilling into a rock surface in a mine.
        > Thanks,
        > Joanne

      • johnqadam
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 25, 2007
          >>> the postage stamp has ZEUEZOVCE C.S.P. and the numbers 16X1155-10
          stamped on it. <<<

          CURRENT MAP

          Želiezovce, 48°03' 18°40' 71.8 miles E of Bratislava

          ShtetlSeeker will take you there via Mapquest Multimap or Google.