Josef Gonda in Ellis Island Records

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2007
      Jody,
      I found Josef Gonda's entry into America in the Ellis Island Records.
      His arrival was 29 March 1900, not the 15th.
      He was on the USS Albano, no mix up with the Alabama.
      He was 23 years old. You list his birth as 1878. 23 would have been 1877. Not a problem, mix ups happen
      He had $48 on him.
      His last residence was in Kriva.
      He was going to Cleveland, Ohio to a "Coz.", cousin most likely, no address given.
      Michael Mojher