RE: [S-R] Oublas or Ublas province

  • konekta@nm.psg.sk
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
      Dear Jacques,

      Is the text in french?

      What makes you think this name should stand for a province?

      In some slavic languages the word OBLAST is used for province.

      Best,

      Vladimir

      _____

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, <konekta@...> wrote:

        > Dear Jacques,
        >
        > Is the text in french?
        >
        > What makes you think this name should stand for a province?
        >
        > In some slavic languages the word OBLAST is used for province.
        >
        > Best,
        >
        > Vladimir
        >

        > Dear Vladimir,

        Thank you for your prompt answer.Yes, the text is in French.It is
        clearly stated in it that this ancestor and his father were born
        in "d├ępartement d'Oublas"(Oublas department or county).The words
        usually used in Polish are not related with "oblast".
        Best regards

        Jacques

        ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On