Questions

  • Fillmanshome@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31 7:05 AM
      Hello,
      This is my first time to post to the list. My name is RuthAnn and I live
      in Texas, USA. I will be leaving for about one week late this Friday. My
      daughter is off to Europe next Wednesday. She is spending three days in
      Prague and we are wondering if there is anyway for her to try and get record
      or at least start the process. I am interested in any info you can share
      with me about getting records. I am looking for any info on the following
      people.
      Frank BLECHTA born Nov 16,1883; died Nov. 13, 1972, came to USA in 1905
      especially interested in shipping records. We believe he came into ellis
      Island but from where? His father Frank BLECHTA , cattleman from Germany,
      died age 33, lived in Moravia. I believe my grandfather, the Frank born 1883
      was born there. mother, Cecelia MAZENEK, died at age 87 in 1945 ; remarried
      a TYLSAR and had two children, miodred and Stanley.
      Rose SIEGLER BLECHTA, born July 10,1879, died January 1, 1972. Came to
      USA 1900 also Ellis Island. Can find shipping records for her bother and
      another relative but not her. her father: Charles (Bohomo) Siegler -farmer.
      Mother: Anichka(anna) or Rose Korzihorski. lived near Prague in town called
      Prostofui? odd spelling. Can't make out handwritting.

      Can anyone help. Especially interested in leads for the trip to Prague.
      Thanks! RuthAnn