Re: [S-R] Nagymoros, Greff, Rosbora,Rozbora, Hoffman, Hofman

  • david1law@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 29, 2007
      Hello:

      NAGYMAROS is a town located in PEST County, Hungary. It is located north of
      BUDAPEST.

      A great site for Hungarian genealogy is Janos Bogardi's website RADIX:
      GENEALOGICAL RESEACH IN HUNGARY at the following website:

      _http://www.bogardi.com/gen/_ (http://www.bogardi.com/gen/)

      Another great website is Bill Tarkulich's Eastern Slovakia Research
      Strategies website at _www.iabsi.com_ (http://www.iabsi.com) . While its focus is on
      eastern Slovakia, the territory of eastern Slovakia was part of the kingdom
      of Hungary until the 20th century, so there will be many resources that would
      also help your research in what is now part of Hungary proper..

      Best regards,

      David

    • Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 29, 2007
        On a modern map I located a Nagymaros. Its coordinates are 47 degrees 47 minutes North by 18 degrees 58 minutes East. It is located in north of Budapest on the Danube (Dunaj) River. It is east of the city of Esztergom, which is across the Danube from Sturovo, Slovakia.
        Michael Mojher
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 29, 2007
          If it is the Greff family, I think Nagymaros is the most likely choice
          because of its proximity to Budapest. There are LDS microfilms of both Roman
          Catholic and Reformed church records for the village.

          Janet