Re: [S-R] Latin terms

  • Carl Kotlarchik
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 29, 2007
      Michael,
      Thanks very much for the list of Latin words. It is the most
      comprehensive that I have seen. But, I do not think that I would
      have found my word without David's help because it was spelled
      phonetically. So, I'm not sure I would have found that "condam" was
      really "quandam" using a dictionary. Nevertheless, I really
      appreciate this link and also the assistance provided by members of
      this group.
      thanks again,
      Carl

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Mojher" <mgmojher@...>
      wrote:

      > Carl,
      > If you are in need of a large list of Latin words used in
      genealogy it can be reached at this link:
      > www.familysearch.org/Eng/search/rg/guide/WLLatin.asp
      > Michael Mojher

    • Janet Kozlay
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 29, 2007
        I looked in that Latin word list (which I agree is very good), but it did
        not give the "alternate" spelling of "condam" for "quondam." I, too, was
        happy for the information.

        Janet

        _____

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 29, 2007
          Carl,
          The internet is a genealogist "library". But it takes intelligence, as David has demonstrated, to be able to use what it contains. The power of Slovak-Roots is having a collective intellect to help the individual. I hope the link to Latin genealogy terms will aide all of us.