Re: [S-R] Latin terms

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 29, 2007
      Carl,
      If you are in need of a large list of Latin words used in genealogy it can be reached at this link:
      www.familysearch.org/Eng/search/rg/guide/WLLatin.asp
      Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 29, 2007
        Michael,
        Thanks very much for the list of Latin words. It is the most
        comprehensive that I have seen. But, I do not think that I would
        have found my word without David's help because it was spelled
        phonetically. So, I'm not sure I would have found that "condam" was
        really "quandam" using a dictionary. Nevertheless, I really
        appreciate this link and also the assistance provided by members of
        this group.
        thanks again,
        Carl

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Mojher" <mgmojher@...>
        wrote:

        > Carl,
        > If you are in need of a large list of Latin words used in
        genealogy it can be reached at this link:
        > www.familysearch.org/Eng/search/rg/guide/WLLatin.asp
        > Michael Mojher

      • Janet Kozlay
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 29, 2007
          I looked in that Latin word list (which I agree is very good), but it did
          not give the "alternate" spelling of "condam" for "quondam." I, too, was
          happy for the information.

          Janet

          _____

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 29, 2007
            Carl,
            The internet is a genealogist "library". But it takes intelligence, as David has demonstrated, to be able to use what it contains. The power of Slovak-Roots is having a collective intellect to help the individual. I hope the link to Latin genealogy terms will aide all of us.