RE: Plichta, FTM and [S-R] transcribing records

  • Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 30 , Jan 28, 2007
      Frank,

      There are about a dozen Plichtas listed in the Hungary phone directory:
      http://www.magyartelekom.hu/english/main.vm. The search shows 20, but some
      of them are duplicates.

      I found both the Buday-Plichta and the Plichtovics references in the
      Hungarian nobility literature-considerably more than what you can find in
      Arcanum's online site. Buday-Plichta looks like a biname, and should
      probably be considered as related to your Plichta families. Likewise, I
      think you might want to at least investigate Plichtovics/Plichtovits.

      Prosznefalvi indicates the family's origins. It is probably Proszne, a
      village in old Trencsen megye, now Prosne SK, WSW of Bytca. I suspect that
      Buday does not refer to Buda (Budapest), but to Budatin, now apparently a
      suburb of Zilina.

      There is a Buday-Plichta coat of arms. There is a description but no
      illustration.

      The family is associated both with Trencsen and Nograd (Losoncz/Lucenec).
      Kempelen specifically equates Plichta with Buday-Plichta. Some of the given
      names for which there is specific information are Aladar, Soma, Barna,
      Kornel, and Janos. Do any of these ring a bell?

      The RadixIndex lists 16 entries for the Plichta name. Some of them were in
      present-day Hungary. See
      http://www.radixindex.com/cgi-bin/rixidxvn.cgi?act=searchsn
      <http://www.radixindex.com/cgi-bin/rixidxvn.cgi?act=searchsn&act2=&q=plichta
      &q2=&lan> &act2=&q=plichta&q2=&lan=. Another 6 are listed under the spelling
      Plachta, but they may not be related.

      Let me know if you'd like to pursue this further.

      Janet

      _____

      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
      yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Janet Kozlay
      Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2007 2:48 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com

      Frank,

      You have a fascinating project.

      Do you include information on Buday-Plichta (prosznefalvi) and Plichtovich?

      Janet