For your information on FOIA

  • junemckee
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2007
      I sent off six months ago to get information on my grandparents
      requesting immigration records which I have been now doing for the past
      six years especially on my grandmother. I have requested information
      atleast four times for her and once for my grandfather always coming
      back with they cant find the information and it Usually takes about six
      months in the past. Well this morning I called and checked on the
      progress, and after six months of waiting one of my request are number
      68,000 in line and the other is 75,000. I guess I will quit running out
      to the mailbox waiting. It will just be a surprise when it arrives and
      hopefully with the correct information that I have been waiting for,
      for so many years! I thought that I would just mention this so if
      anyone is hoping that they will get their replys back in six months or
      so it is going to be atleast a year or more!

      June