Fw: Re: [S-R] 1715 census......from Rick

  • Rick Mayernik
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2007
      I clicked on Zemplen----------nothing appeared on screen (only Zemplen - 12 Teka);

      am I doing something wrong?

      Thanks.

      Rick
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: bhewlett@...
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2007 7:51 PM
      Subject: Re: Re: [S-R] 1715 census

      If you go to the main page:
      www.arcanum.hu/mol
      on the left side of the page you will see a short list. Click on the file folder to the left of Az 1715 évi országos összeírás. That brings up a list of Counties. Saros is the 9th from the top. Click on the FILE FOLDER next to Saros.
      A very long list of either diststricts or towns will come up. Since I am not researching Saros County I am not familiar with district or town names. Since the list is so long I assume it is town/village names. I think what you did at first was end up right AT that Saros page to start, as that is what happened when I went back and clicked on the URL in Bill's site. It did not take me to the main page, but to the Saros page. If I click on Saros on that page I don't get anything either. That is because you are there already.
      Joyce