RE: [S-R] Re: They Changed My Name At Ellis Island Myth

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2007
      Janet,
      As you well know, the sad fact is that most people simply don't give two
      hoots about the details. Comments like "they changed it at Ellis Island"
      are dismissive, simplistic and conveniently unverifiable. Why people's
      names changed include dozens of different reasons. Because only a few
      thousand genealogists really care about the accuracy of such statements,
      articles like this will never receive the critical review.

      Regards,
      Bill

      --
      Bill Tarkulich