Re: [S-R] Searching for STRUHAR, VLCEK, MIFKOVIC

  • helene cincebeaux
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2007
      Hi Elaine - have several listings for Vlcek in the Slovak Pride data base - 2 searchers have roots in Zohor - you may wish to contact them for more info - I think one man was born there. There is one listing for Mifkovic from another village and 3 listings for Struhar but also in other villages.

      if you wish to get back to me - use my helenezx@... address

      The village records are likely in the Bratislava Archive and haven't been filmed yet by the LDS. So hiring a researcher is another route.

      Good luck!

      helene

      Elaine <dyno-mutt@...> wrote:
      My grandfather, Tomas STRUHAR (b. 11 Aug 1883) lived in Zohor,
      (Bratislava) Slovakia and emigrated to the US in 1913 from there. His
      father was Tomas STRUHAR and his mother was Madeline VLCEK. He and
      his wife, Agnes MIFKOVIC (b. 21 Jan 1891) also from Zohor, settled in
      Baltimore, MD. Her mother & father were Stefan MIFKOVIC and Algbeta
      VLCEK.

      I would really like to find info on their parents. Or, at least, some
      guidance as to where to start searching.

      Thanks.

      Elaine Summerhill