Re: Searching Sohasky Family roots

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2007
      The closest name in Slovak phone listings is Sois.
    • jcotteret
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2007
        Thank you John for your suggestion.
        I have found a closer name in Slovak phone listing, at least from the
        pronunciation point of view, i.e. : Sohacka , feminine of Sohacky.
        By the way, I used the following trick to get a search in whole
        Slovakia in one click : enter "00" (double zero) as the town name.
        But you were probably aware of that trick ,weren't you?
        Jacques Cotteret

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2007
          >>> I used the following trick to get a search in whole Slovakia in one
          click : enter "00" (double zero) as the town name. But you were
          probably aware of that trick ,weren't you?<<<

          Yes, I am aware of the 00 trick but it only works on the English pages,
          not the Slovak pages. Because the English pages are broken, they don't
          give the town name and so the mapping program fails as well.

          On the Slovak pages, you have to go through all the area codes
          individually to search the whole country. If there is a trick answer to
          that issue, I would like to know it.