Re: [S-R] Re: Village of Osuska, Slovakia

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 2, 2007
      Dear John,
      Osuske records are not in Nitra archive , but in Bratislava!!!
      How can you tell that?
      Vladimir

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 3, 2007
        >>> John, how did you manage to get a full address when the system is,
        as you have said, "broken"? It worked for me only if I put Osuske in
        for the town, but not if I used the ATC. This is pretty limited, since
        there well could be other "possibles" in the area that are not in
        Osuske proper.<<<

        > There is ONE relevant (possibly) phone listing in the village.
        > Malatinský Jozef
        > E.Lehockeho 143,
        > Osuske
        > 906 12 Hradiste pod Vratnom
        > SLOVAK REPLUBLIC

        Well, I didn't explain all my (secret) methods.

        1) I used the Slovak phone look-up page, along with the area code.
        2) I used short forms plus wild card, eg: Malat* to ensure that I
        covered spelling inconsistencies and the female form.
        3) The postal code came from Podrobny Auto Atlas but it can also be had
        from http://www.slovenskaposta.sk/index.php
        4) YES, there are other possibles in the area. However, possibilities
        probably decline with the fourth root of the distance travelled. At
        best, The Adam Theroem = Two Village Rule would apply.

        OK, now the secret is out. Now you know all!
      • johnqadam
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 3, 2007
          >>>Osuske records are not in Nitra archive, but in Bratislava!!!<<<

          Mine was just an unlucky/incorrect guess. Bratislava it is.