RE: [S-R] Antolik

  • Dan Kisha
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 1, 2007
      When I was searching for the Hamara surname in Zeleznik, Slovakia
      (suburb of Giraltovce) I was directed to a small town north of
      Presov. There I met my Hamara family line for the first time. I
      believe that there are three or four Hamara family lines in
      Slovakia. The Hamara I met was married to an Antolik and we
      became good friends. Over the years I found out that the Hamara's
      and Antoliks intermarried often and were in business together in
      the US and Slovakia. My mothers, fathers, oldest brother, Andrew
      Hamara was in business with a Antolik in Streator, Illinois.

      They were Lutheran.

      Dan Kisha daniel.kisha@...
      Slovak Import Company
      New WWW Address: http://www.slovakic.com
      <http://www.slovakic.com/>
      Ebay WWW Address:
      http://www.ebaystores.ebay.com/slovakimportcompany?refid=store
      Phone number in the US: 410 273 1149

      From: Richard & Julianna Zarzycki <julianna@epix.
      <mailto:julianna%40epix.net> net>

      1a. Antolik
      Posted by: "James McGrath" jamesfrankmcgrath@
      <mailto:jamesfrankmcgrath%40yahoo.com> yahoo.com
      JamesFrankMcGrath
      Date: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:52 am ((PST))

      Hi Rick (and everyone)! I just wanted to mention that
      I am also working on the Antolik surname, in
      Kolbach/Studenec in Spis county, and then from there
      they moved to Spisske Podhradie. The most famous
      member of that family was Karol Antolik,

      James,
      I have a "Antolik" family tree from Streator Illinois, starting
      with an
      ANDREW ANTOLIK from Austria came to Streator 1896 with his wife
      Mary
      NOVOTNEY and son GEORGE ANTOLIK 1882-1972. GEORGE ANTOLIK married
      MARY BANDRE born in Streator 1887-1952. I do have my grandfathers
      funeral records and I think I saw an ANTOLIK , but I can't find
      them
      right now.
      I also live in Nanticoke and ANTOLIK name is common here, but I am
      not
      sure if they are Luthern or Roman Catholic..
      Julianna Zarzycki