Wachtenheim

  • TR HOMEMAIL
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2006
      Sounds like a village Name to me (they are a number of localities called
      Wachenheim for example)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wachenheim

      There could be a Wachtenheim that your ancestor had relations with, whether
      by origin or trade. It could be a Galician town. The Shtetlseeker did not
      turn up a village, but while it has many, it has not all villages.

      Good luck,

      Thomas

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2007
        Sending info on a CGSI meeting spotlighting Slovakia and Slovaks:

        The Czechoslovak Genealogical Society International
        (CGSI) is sponsoring a program this coming February
        24, 2007 in Minneapolis, Minnesota, entitled, SLOVAKS:
        HERE AND THERE.

        A program featuring Slovaks old and young, of many
        times and places

        Saturday afternoon, February 24, 2007
        St. Cyril & Methodius Slovak Catholic Church
        (handicapped accessible)
        1315 NE 2nd St., Minneapolis, MN 55413
        (Free parking accessible from 3rd St side; served by
        #11 bus line)

        Suggested Donation: $5 members, $8 non-members

        12:30 p.m. Registration and Sales Table
        Ann Cizek Tour of this historic 1891 church
        with church member [optional]

        1:00 p.m. Program:
        Don Pafko The Twin Cities Slovak Pioneer
        Community

        Katarina Vilimova
        CGSI-sponsored Essays by 36
        Slovak Students
        English language summaries of the 2005 family
        history essays will be available.

        Susan Marcinkus
        “Pictures from the Old Country” (film, 30 min.)
        Filmmaker Marcinkus will present film and discuss
        her family search and visit.

        This program is sponsored by the
        CZECHOSLOVAK GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY INTERNATIONAL
        P.O. Box 16225, St. Paul, MN 55116-0225
        Visit us at:
        www.cgsi.org

        For more information, contact:
        Dottie Spiedel, Quarterly Meeting Organizer
        612-870-8062 dottie@...
        or
        Chuck Romportl, CGSI Publicity
        952-935-9751 cromportl@...