Antolik

  • rickhostetter
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 28, 2006
      I am new to the group. I have been doing LDS research on my wife's
      family. Actually I have had much success. My wife's grandfather came
      from Hankovce (Saris) to Pennsylvania. He was born in Hancovce and his
      baptism was recorded in church records in Marhan. This family is
      lUtheran and have enjoyed reading the messages of late.

      Rick Hostetter
    • Tom Potsko
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 28, 2006
        What surname? I, too, have researched Marhan records with some success. Tom

      • painfantry@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 28, 2006
          Hi Tom,

          We have talked before in fact you are the one who pointed me towards Marhan records. I have extensive files on the Antoliks of Hankovce and Nemcovce area

          Rick

          From: "Tom Potsko" <jaschr71@...>
          What surname? I, too, have researched Marhan records with some success. Tom

          On 12/28/06, rickhostetter <painfantry@...> wrote:

          > I am new to the group. I have been doing LDS research on my wife's
          > family. Actually I have had much success. My wife's grandfather came
          > from Hankovce (Saris) to Pennsylvania. He was born in Hancovce and his
          > baptism was recorded in church records in Marhan. This family is
          > lUtheran and have enjoyed reading the messages of late.
          >

          > Rick Hostetter

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • rickhostetter
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 28, 2006
            Sorry I didn't post the surname of my research it is Antolik. One thing
            I have found is that name is very numerous in Lutheran church records.
            So far I have gotten back as far as the late 1700's in church records.
            LDS has very good church records for the area southeast of Bardejov in
            the area of Nemcovce and Hankovce and neighoring towns.

            Also my wife's greatgrandfather was Michael Kleitz...Kleicz, Klaicz and
            that family resided in Giraltovce. From looking at Lutheran church
            records in that area I found out that there was a migration of Germans
            into Slovakia in the late 1700's . I am not sure how big it was. The
            Kleitz family came into Slovakia in this migration from Germany.

            Rick
          • James McGrath
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 29, 2006
              Hi Rick (and everyone)! I just wanted to mention that
              I am also working on the Antolik surname, in
              Kolbach/Studenec in Spis county, and then from there
              they moved to Spisske Podhradie. The most famous
              member of that family was Karol Antolik, the
              physicist. They were Roman Catholic. There is probably
              no direct connection with your own ancestors and
              research, Rick, but I thought I'd let you know
              nevertheless!

              Best wishes,

              James McGrath

              P.S. I'm also interested in ancestors with the surname
              Hajder, who were living in Rajecke Teplice when my
              ancestor was born, but apparently they were not
              actually from there and I've had no luck tracing them
              back to their actual hometown. Their names were
              Antonin/Antonius Hajder and Teresa Francisk. If anyone
              comes across them, let me know! :)

              --- rickhostetter <painfantry@...> wrote:

              > Sorry I didn't post the surname of my research it is
              > Antolik. One thing
              > I have found is that name is very numerous in
              > Lutheran church records.
              > So far I have gotten back as far as the late 1700's
              > in church records.
              > LDS has very good church records for the area
              > southeast of Bardejov in
              > the area of Nemcovce and Hankovce and neighoring
              > towns.
              >
              > Also my wife's greatgrandfather was Michael
              > Kleitz...Kleicz, Klaicz and
              > that family resided in Giraltovce. From looking at
              > Lutheran church
              > records in that area I found out that there was a
              > migration of Germans
              > into Slovakia in the late 1700's . I am not sure how
              > big it was. The
              > Kleitz family came into Slovakia in this migration
              > from Germany.
              >
              > Rick

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Tom Potsko
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 29, 2006
                Rick,

                I have found several Antolik's on NE PA Slovak Lutheran Church records,
                St. John's Nanticoke, in particular. Did any of your family move to PA. Tom

                On 12/28/06, painfantry@... <painfantry@...> wrote:

                > Hi Tom,
                >
                > We have talked before in fact you are the one who pointed me towards
                > Marhan records. I have extensive files on the Antoliks of Hankovce and
                > Nemcovce area
                >
                > Rick

                > From: "Tom Potsko" <jaschr71@...>
                > What surname? I, too, have researched Marhan records with some success.
                > Tom
                >
                > On 12/28/06, rickhostetter <painfantry@...> wrote:
                > >

                > > I am new to the group. I have been doing LDS research on my wife's
                > > family. Actually I have had much success. My wife's grandfather came
                > > from Hankovce (Saris) to Pennsylvania. He was born in Hancovce and his
                > > baptism was recorded in church records in Marhan. This family is
                > > lUtheran and have enjoyed reading the messages of late.
                > >

                > > Rick Hostetter

                > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Tom Potsko
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 29, 2006
                  Rick,

                  Have you came across Packo's or Paczko's in Giraltovce films? I have
                  found several Antoliks who served as god parents for Paczko's and Packo's in
                  Slovakia and in PA. Tom
                  On 12/28/06, painfantry@... <painfantry@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Tom,
                  >
                  > We have talked before in fact you are the one who pointed me towards
                  > Marhan records. I have extensive files on the Antoliks of Hankovce and
                  > Nemcovce area
                  >
                  > Rick

                  > From: "Tom Potsko" <jaschr71@...>
                  > What surname? I, too, have researched Marhan records with some success.
                  > Tom
                  >
                  > On 12/28/06, rickhostetter <painfantry@...> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > I am new to the group. I have been doing LDS research on my wife's
                  > > family. Actually I have had much success. My wife's grandfather came
                  > > from Hankovce (Saris) to Pennsylvania. He was born in Hancovce and his
                  > > baptism was recorded in church records in Marhan. This family is
                  > > lUtheran and have enjoyed reading the messages of late.
                  > >

                  > > Rick Hostetter

                  > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Richard & Julianna Zarzycki
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 29, 2006
                    1a. Antolik
                    Posted by: "James McGrath" jamesfrankmcgrath@...
                    JamesFrankMcGrath
                    Date: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:52 am ((PST))

                    Hi Rick (and everyone)! I just wanted to mention that
                    I am also working on the Antolik surname, in
                    Kolbach/Studenec in Spis county, and then from there
                    they moved to Spisske Podhradie. The most famous
                    member of that family was Karol Antolik,

                    James,
                    I have a "Antolik" family tree from Streator Illinois, starting with an
                    ANDREW ANTOLIK from Austria came to Streator 1896 with his wife Mary
                    NOVOTNEY and son GEORGE ANTOLIK 1882-1972. GEORGE ANTOLIK married
                    MARY BANDRE born in Streator 1887-1952. I do have my grandfathers
                    funeral records and I think I saw an ANTOLIK , but I can't find them
                    right now.
                    I also live in Nanticoke and ANTOLIK name is common here, but I am not
                    sure if they are Luthern or Roman Catholic..
                    Julianna Zarzycki
                  • painfantry@comcast.net
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 30, 2006
                      Hi Tom,

                      I don't remember if I have seen the name Paczko in the Giraltovce records. I have on permanent loan at the LDS library many church records and a few 1869 census records. I haven't had the time to go over and do research for a few weeks but I will look the next time I go over. The Giraltovce records start in 1828. I am not sure where Lutheran records were recorded before that. If anyone knows that would be helpful.

                      The church records on permanent loan are from Saris county. Presently I am trying to place on permanent loan at the library all the Lutheran church records in Saris county. It has been pretty expensive because you must rent them three times for them to be "permanent". But I am very interested in the Slovak roots of all the families in St Peter and Paul's Slovak Lutheran Church in Freeland, PA and would eventully like to identify most of the families' Slovakian roots.

                      Rick Hostetter

                      From: "Tom Potsko" <jaschr71@...>
                      Rick,

                      Have you came across Packo's or Paczko's in Giraltovce films? I have
                      found several Antoliks who served as god parents for Paczko's and Packo's in
                      Slovakia and in PA. Tom
                      On 12/28/06, painfantry@... <painfantry@...> wrote:

                      > Hi Tom,
                      >
                      > We have talked before in fact you are the one who pointed me towards
                      > Marhan records. I have extensive files on the Antoliks of Hankovce and
                      > Nemcovce area
                      >
                      > Rick

                      > From: "Tom Potsko" <jaschr71@...>
                      > What surname? I, too, have researched Marhan records with some success.
                      > Tom
                      >
                      > On 12/28/06, rickhostetter <painfantry@...> wrote:
                      > >

                      > > I am new to the group. I have been doing LDS research on my wife's
                      > > family. Actually I have had much success. My wife's grandfather came
                      > > from Hankovce (Saris) to Pennsylvania. He was born in Hancovce and his
                      > > baptism was recorded in church records in Marhan. This family is
                      > > lUtheran and have enjoyed reading the messages of late.
                      > >

                      > > Rick Hostetter

                      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                      > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • James McGrath
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 31, 2006
                        There are a few George Antoliks in my database but
                        none match yours. It isn't that uncommon a name, so
                        there is probably no connection. Do you know where
                        they came from in "Austria"?

                        Happy New Year!

                        James

                        --- Richard & Julianna Zarzycki <julianna@...>

                        http://mail.yahoo.com
                      • painfantry@comcast.net
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 31, 2006
                          Hi James,

                          My branch of the Antolik family comes from near Bardejov.this particular family is Lutheran with the family going back in Lutheran records into the 1700's.

                          Rick

                          From: James McGrath <jamesfrankmcgrath@...>

                          Message 12 of 13 , Dec 31, 2006
                            Julianna,

                            There are many Antolik family in America. In the Luzerne county there is at least more than one that i am aware of.
                            Rick

                            From: Richard & Julianna Zarzycki <julianna@...>

                            1a. Antolik

                            Message 13 of 13 , Jan 1, 2007
                              When I was searching for the Hamara surname in Zeleznik, Slovakia
                              (suburb of Giraltovce) I was directed to a small town north of
                              Presov. There I met my Hamara family line for the first time. I
                              believe that there are three or four Hamara family lines in
                              Slovakia. The Hamara I met was married to an Antolik and we
                              became good friends. Over the years I found out that the Hamara's
                              and Antoliks intermarried often and were in business together in
                              the US and Slovakia. My mothers, fathers, oldest brother, Andrew
                              Hamara was in business with a Antolik in Streator, Illinois.

                              They were Lutheran.

                              Dan Kisha daniel.kisha@...
                              Slovak Import Company
                              New WWW Address: http://www.slovakic.com
                              <http://www.slovakic.com/>
                              Ebay WWW Address:
                              http://www.ebaystores.ebay.com/slovakimportcompany?refid=store
                              Phone number in the US: 410 273 1149

                              From: Richard & Julianna Zarzycki <julianna@epix.
                              <mailto:julianna%40epix.net> net>

                              1a. Antolik
                              Posted by: "James McGrath" jamesfrankmcgrath@
                              <mailto:jamesfrankmcgrath%40yahoo.com> yahoo.com
                              JamesFrankMcGrath