Re: [S-R] About book published in 1929

  • david1law@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 18, 2006
      Hi Maria,

      I'm not sure as to the exact source of where to obtain a copy, but you may
      want to try to search in _www.google.com_ (http://www.google.com) with the
      title of the book. You could also try searching for the title in
      _www.amazon.com_ (http://www.amazon.com) where I have been able to obtain several old
      books relating to the history of Hungary. There is also a Hungarian Heritage
      Society Museum located in downtown Cleveland, Ohio that you may want to check
      with. The contact information is listed below:

      Hungarian Heritage Society Museum
      1301 East Ninth Street
      Cleveland, Ohio 44114
      (216) 523-3900

      The museum has a lot of works written in Hungarian, and may be one of the
      better places to check in the United States for Hungarian literature. If you
      really have trouble finding a copy, you may want to check with the village of
      DRIENCANY which is known for collecting written works, particularly folk
      works relating to the GEMER region, and was the home of the famous Slovak writer
      and collector of folk works, PAVOL DOBSINSKY. RIMASZOMBAT is the Hungarian
      name for the village of RIMAVSKA SOBOTA which is located in the GEMER region of
      Slovakia. The RIMAVA (RIMA) river is the next river over from the BALOG
      river (spelled phonetically BLH in modern Slovak), which is where the village of
      DRIENCANY is located, and where my main line (surname) BALOG ultimately
      originates, so I've been studying the GEMER area and its history for quite a
      while. If you still run into any problems, let me know and I'll try to help
      point you in the right direction. If you cannot located any copies of the book
      in the U.S. or on the internet, then I would suggest trying to find someone
      locally in Slovakia to track down a copy of the book for you.

      Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

      Best regards,

      David Michael Baloga

    • James McGrath
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 19, 2006
        Just to contribute my $.02 worth, I had great success
        with Juraj Cisarik (http://www.cisarik.com/) taking
        digital photos for me of books that are only available
        in the ancient books collection of a single library in
        Slovakia. It sounds like what you are after should be
        easier to track down! You could start with WorldCat or
        search for libraries in Slovakia and Hungary online,
        and then see if you can find the book in their OPAC
        online catalogs.

        Hope this helps!

        James McGrath

        http://mail.yahoo.com