Ancestors from Pezinok

  • Fndngczns@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 26, 2000
      Hello listers,

      I have ancestors that came from the village of Bosing, Hungary (present day
      Pezinok, Slovakia) and other surrounding villages of Modra, Grunau and
      Limbach, and also from Gyor, Hungary. I would like to learn more about their
      history and see pictures of them. I understand they were German settlements,
      and in the grape-growing industry. Does anyone know of books about them, or
      where I might find information on their history? Preferably written in
      English? I know of a book "German Towns in Slovakia and Upper Hungary" by
      Duncan Gardiner, which I am looking for a copy to purchase. Any other
      suggestions would be most welcome!

      Thanks,
      Chris

      Researching: WADINGER / NEUMAHR / WAWRINSKY / GONGUSCH
    • Frank Kurchina
      Message 2 of 2 , May 27, 2000
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, Fndngczns@a... wrote:
        > Hello listers,
        >
        > I have ancestors that came from the village of Bosing, Hungary
        (present day
        > Pezinok, Slovakia)

        > Researching: WADINGER / NEUMAHR / WAWRINSKY / GONGUSCH

        Have you reviewed the Mormon microfilms for your ancestors ?

        The LDS-Mormons filmed the Protestant (Lutheran) church records
        (1783-1944) for the German community of Bösing also known as Bazin
        (H), Pozsony Megye (county), Hungary; later known as Pezinok,
        Slovakia.
        Written in Latin, Hungarian, and German.