]Re: [S-R] question about a town

  • Frank R. Plichta
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2006
      All the replies were nice but no one has mentioned that Darmstadt is the
      City and Hesse is the German State.

      Frank R. Plichta

      Galax, Virginia

      P.S. to all the ex-military folks. I was assigned to HQ's U.S. Army Europe
      in Heidelberg from 1972 to 1975 serving as Project Officer for Project
      ScopePicture, a project to build the American TV network in Germany for the
      U.S. Army troops. We expanded the small network that the Air Force built
      out of Ramstein Air Base and extended it to 110 Army locations in what was
      then West Germany. Eventually the Army relocated the TV studio from Ramstein
      to Frankfurt to be operated by AFN-TV and the network was converted from
      black and white (remember those good ole days?) to color.

      _____

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2006
        thank-you i didn't know this jeanann
        --- "Frank R. Plichta" <frank.r.plichta@...>