Re: [S-R] Holic Records

  • helene cincebeaux
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 27, 2006
      Hi Tom - checked the Slovak Pride data base (now 25,000 listings) and found 40 surnames listed for Holic and 0 for Holice - Holice is down in the Hungarian region where whole villages speak Hungarian - this might be a clue -

      helene

      Tom Potsko <jaschr71@...> wrote:
      John,

      This entry was made by Rev. Joseph Murgas, a Slovakian genius, possibly
      the true inventor of radio. I don't think he would have confused Holic for
      Holice in Nitra. The Nitrianske seems to point to Holice. Would Mitrianske
      make any sense? I see where both are located now, but there is no 'e' on
      Holic here. It is obviously one or the other. Best guess? Thanks, Tom