RE: [S-R] Holic Records - correction

  • Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2006
      I meant to say southeast of Bratislava, not southwest. That would place
      Holice in old Pozsony megye.

      It looks like LDS does not yet have microfilms of the records for either
      location.

      Janet

      _____

      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
      yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Tom Potsko
      Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 7:52 AM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com

      I feel Holic with an mark above the 'c' and Nitrianske are clearly what is
      indicated on the church record, but are Holic and Holice both in Nitra Zupa
      or County, does anyone have a map representation of the area? I found a
      Holice, not Holic. Helene, please add Surany, Surani, and Kompor surnames to
      my list. Thanks, Tom On 11/26/06, Don Havlicek <n8de@thepoint.

      <mailto:jaschr71%40gmail.com>> wrote:
      > > John,
      > >
      > > Can you give me a phonetic pronunciation of Holice?
      > > Thanks Again, Tom
      > >
      > > On 11/25/06, johnqadam <johnqadam@rogers.
      <mailto:johnqadam%40rogers.com> com

      > > > Yes, I think that it is the right location.
      > > >
      > > > Church records filmed but not indexed yet. However, you CAN determine
      > > > what church reecords reside in the Slovak Archives.
      > > >
      > > > LDS FICHES (set of 6) LDS #6000786
      > > > Survey of parish registers in Slovakia up to the time of civil
      > > > registration. Provides details of church records that are held in
      > > > Slovak archives. Index of villages is on fiche #6 and page references
      > > > refer to different religions. Most of these church records will be
      > > > available on film via your LDS Family History Center.
      > > >
      > > > The census will give you plenty of information. To get at the church
      > > > records in a timely fashion, you will need to pay someone to do
      > > > research at the archive.
      > > >

      > > > To unsubscribe from this group, go to
      > > > http://www.yahoogro <http://www.yahoogro
      <http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS> ups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS>
      ups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS
      > > <http://www.yahoogro <http://www.yahoogro
      <http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS> ups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS>
      ups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS> -or- send blank email to
      unsubscribe@ <mailto:unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com