Re: [S-R] Holic Records

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 27, 2006
      Dear all,
      Holic was then in Nitra County. So , in slovak, it was " Holic v Nitrianskej stolice". This is grammar.
      There are very many places which begin with Nitrianske, but this has nothing to do with Holic.
      Absolutely no need to look for anything else.
      Vladimir

      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 27, 2006
        Vladimir,

        Thanks again for your assistance, and sorry I got so confused. I am
        completely satisfied. Tom

        On 11/27/06, Vladimir Bohinc <konekta@...> wrote:

        > Dear all,
        > Holic was then in Nitra County. So , in slovak, it was " Holic v
        > Nitrianskej stolice". This is grammar.
        > There are very many places which begin with Nitrianske, but this has
        > nothing to do with Holic.
        > Absolutely no need to look for anything else.
        > Vladimir

      • helene cincebeaux
        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 27, 2006
          Hi Tom - checked the Slovak Pride data base (now 25,000 listings) and found 40 surnames listed for Holic and 0 for Holice - Holice is down in the Hungarian region where whole villages speak Hungarian - this might be a clue -

          helene