Re: [S-R] Last residence of Holic, Nitrianske, Slovakia

  • Tom Potsko
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 25 4:59 AM
      Thanks, That all makes sense, since I've done over a year's research in
      Saros or Saris County, and at first all I had was Sarisska zupa to go by.
      JohnQ has indicated, I think, that church records are not yet filmed in that
      location by the LDS. Do you all concur? John is such a helpful expert on
      this site, I would find it hard to believe him wrong, but I so dread
      researching through the 1869 Census only. Far better than nothing, since the
      other 1/2 of the family is from Prague and Strakonice, CR(no records). Tom On
      11/24/06, Don Havlicek <n8de@...> wrote:

      > Holic~ is a town in the far WNW of Slovakia.
      > Nitrianske ... Nitra .. is the 'region' in which Holic~ is located,
      > though, I believe, the new region is Senica.
      > Don Havlicek
      >
      > Tom wrote:
      >
      > > My wife's Grandmother's residence on her 1910 wedding record is listed
      > > as Holic(with a mark over the 'c') Nitrianske Slovakia. Could
      > > Nitrianske be her village and Holic the church parish, approximately
      > > 48 miles North and 48 miles ENE of Bratislava. Would Nitra, Nitrianske
      > > Hrnciarovce be the logical LDS film to investigate?

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 25 7:31 AM
        >>> I would find it hard to believe him wrong, but I so dread
        researching through the 1869 Census only. <<<

        I have been wrong lots of times! If you never do anything, you will
        never be wrong.

        Why dread researching the census? It tells you everyone who lived in
        each house, their age, relationship, place of birth and religion.

        It's a gold mine of information. Fear not . . .