Re: [S-R] Re: Child naming conventions in Slovakia

  • MA Bensh
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 25, 2006
      My gm's sister, born in early 1900s was named after her mother and the only brother (born 19teens) was named after the father. They were first generation Americans, so it seems the parents, who immigrated, did follow the custom. I had always thought that was odd, but now it makes sense - always great to be able to include this info about the customs with the tree.

      maly_posluchac <musiced1999@...> wrote: My family did not seem to follow this tradition of naming the eldest
      children after the parents. My 2nd great-grandfather, who moved here,
      named his third son after him, and his fourth daughter was named after
      his wife.

      Melissa