Re: [S-R] Last residence of Holic, Nitrianske, Slovakia

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 24, 2006
      Holic is a town in Slovakia about 73 miles north of Bratislava. Holic present population is almost 13,000. I found nothing linking Nitriaske to Holic.
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 24, 2006
        Holic~ is a town in the far WNW of Slovakia.
        Nitrianske ... Nitra .. is the 'region' in which Holic~ is located,
        though, I believe, the new region is Senica.
        Don Havlicek

        Tom wrote:

        > My wife's Grandmother's residence on her 1910 wedding record is listed
        > as Holic(with a mark over the 'c') Nitrianske Slovakia. Could
        > Nitrianske be her village and Holic the church parish, approximately
        > 48 miles North and 48 miles ENE of Bratislava. Would Nitra, Nitrianske
        > Hrnciarovce be the logical LDS film to investigate?

      • Tom Potsko
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 25, 2006
          Thanks, That all makes sense, since I've done over a year's research in
          Saros or Saris County, and at first all I had was Sarisska zupa to go by.
          JohnQ has indicated, I think, that church records are not yet filmed in that
          location by the LDS. Do you all concur? John is such a helpful expert on
          this site, I would find it hard to believe him wrong, but I so dread
          researching through the 1869 Census only. Far better than nothing, since the
          other 1/2 of the family is from Prague and Strakonice, CR(no records). Tom On
          11/24/06, Don Havlicek <n8de@...> wrote:

          > Holic~ is a town in the far WNW of Slovakia.
          > Nitrianske ... Nitra .. is the 'region' in which Holic~ is located,
          > though, I believe, the new region is Senica.
          > Don Havlicek
          >
          > Tom wrote:
          >
          > > My wife's Grandmother's residence on her 1910 wedding record is listed
          > > as Holic(with a mark over the 'c') Nitrianske Slovakia. Could
          > > Nitrianske be her village and Holic the church parish, approximately
          > > 48 miles North and 48 miles ENE of Bratislava. Would Nitra, Nitrianske
          > > Hrnciarovce be the logical LDS film to investigate?

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • johnqadam
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 25, 2006
            >>> I would find it hard to believe him wrong, but I so dread
            researching through the 1869 Census only. <<<

            I have been wrong lots of times! If you never do anything, you will
            never be wrong.

            Why dread researching the census? It tells you everyone who lived in
            each house, their age, relationship, place of birth and religion.

            It's a gold mine of information. Fear not . . .