Re: Rudolph, Rudolf, information on origin

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 16, 2006
      >>> He listed him home as being Schwarzenburg.Austria
      . . . is there anyway to find out information on this town?<<<

      Take note of Vladimir's great investigative work.

      The possible 1869 Hungarian Census records that MIGHT show the Rudolf
      family living near Hnilcik/Nalepkovo are shown on:

      Merény (Nálepkovo) FHL Film 2149901 Item 3
      (cont) Merény (Nálepkovo) FHL Film 2149902 Item 1
      Kis Hnilécz (Hnilc'ik) FHL Film 2162287 Item 3

      This hypothesis assumes that the family was covered in the census of
      either of the adjacent villages, perhaps because the small mine site at
      C'ierna Hora had no municipal structure.

      HOWEVER, Vladimir's work indicates that the previously mentioned
      C'ierna Hora is located elsewhere. Hmmmm, it still has the "correct"
      Slovak name and it is still worth a look -- if only to prove that
      Rudolf did NOT live there in 1869.

      Genealogy sometimes takes you down strange paths!

      Good luck.
    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 16, 2006
        Kathy Kirk Rudolph:

        What religion was Rudolf? RC, GC, Protestant?

        Was there ever mention of Rusnak? Rusyn? Galicia? Tatra Mountains?

        The Polish village of Czarna Gora apparently covered by the 1869
        Hungarian Census film is 10 km north of the current border and has
        houses along the sides of a single paved road just east of the Bialka
        River. The census film won't take long to review!
      • leftykat65
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 16, 2006
          >first off I want to thank all that are helping me on this major
          brick
          wall that I have hit, and hopefully get through.
          second: on what religion they were....I have no Idea..
          we grew up as a catholic family..my grandfather is buried in catholic
          cemetery.
          my grandmother was supposedly czech.
          I cannot find any information on her, or when she even came to the
          united states. Her name was Fanny Lywietz(not sure of the spelling
          Iam
          just going by word of mouth.and supposedly they were married before
          they
          came to the united states.I cannot even find her on any Ellis Island
          records.
          sorry this is all I have.
          sincerely
          kathy
          > Kathy Kirk Rudolph:
          >
          > What religion was Rudolf? RC, GC, Protestant?
          >
          > Was there ever mention of Rusnak? Rusyn? Galicia? Tatra Mountains?
          >
          > The Polish village of Czarna Gora apparently covered by the 1869
          > Hungarian Census film is 10 km north of the current border and has
          > houses along the sides of a single paved road just east of the
          Bialka
          > River. The census film won't take long to review!

        • helene cincebeaux
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 16, 2006
            I have a listing in the Slovak Pride data base for a

            Rudolf in Velka Lesna SPIS

            please contact me directly for more information

            helene
            helenezx@...