Re: [S-R] Re: Rudolph, Rudolf, information on origin

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 16, 2006
      not so fast:-)
      I asked the archive in Levoca and they told me Cierna Hora which they have is on Polish side or was polish. "Our " Cierna Hora was probably taken into Hnilcik or Nalepkovo Census.
      Vladimir

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 16, 2006
        Just in case your Rudolf ancestors used the old German name for the towns,
        search also under Wagendruessel and Eisenbach.

        Thomas

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 16, 2006
          Surname Rudolf is not slavic at all. It is either german or jewish.
          Can be RC, Ev, or Jewish.
          Vladimir

          I have many photos of records from Hnilcik and Nalepkovo, went through but could not find any Rudolf. I do not have a single one in my slovak database.

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 16, 2006
            Hi Thomas

            Here is a link to a map of Spis with mostly German place names. You may
            already be familiar with it, but in case you are not, I wanted to make sure that
            I passed it onto you.

            _http://www.spis.sk/mapy/r/r1879.html_ (http://www.spis.sk/mapy/r/r1879.html)

            It is a pretty old map, and I love the monochrome (almost a sepiatone) look
            and especially the great topography with the various mountains and valleys
            delineated. From what I understand, this map is from the archives in Levoca.

            Best regards,

            David

            P.S. I have not forgotten about your earlier request regarding Joannes
            Franciscucz, the forester of Zahocz (Eisdorf). The next time that I go back
            through the records for Mlynica, I will try to see if there is any further
            information that I can find regarding him.

          • treimer@nycap.rr.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 16, 2006
              Hi David,

              Vielen Dank!