Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Slovak Archives for 1878.

  • sabinov@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 6 , May 23 5:13 PM
      Yes, I've found many siblings of those I was researching by finding them
      as godparents and then searching around the films until I found their
      birth or marriage which listed the same parents as the one I was
      researching.

      And don't let the language issue deter you from doing it yourself....
      you get used to the key words very fast, and most of us develop our own
      "cheat sheet" with the translations of the headings and basic words.
      Honestly, it's not that bad.

      (my only problem is trying to read them in a loud FHC.... but that's
      another issue)