MyHeritage.com

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2006
      I have tried the website MyHeritage.com and was impressed with its Beta Search Engine. You must sign up before using. It will search a given and/ or surname. With up to 10 variants of the surname spelling. It searches 400+ genealogy databases worldwide. This certainly is a time saver. I used only three spellings of Mojher and had hits in 65 databases.
      Michael Mojher

    • Jeanann Jameson
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2006
        hi could you try a surname for me? Rak. now Serbia.
        they lived in Lacarak, Hungary. thanks jeanann

        --- Michael Mojher <mgmojher@...> wrote:

        > I have tried the website MyHeritage.com and was
        > impressed with its Beta Search Engine. You must sign
        > up before using. It will search a given and/ or
        > surname. With up to 10 variants of the surname
        > spelling. It searches 400+ genealogy databases
        > worldwide. This certainly is a time saver. I used
        > only three spellings of Mojher and had hits in 65
        > databases.
        > Michael Mojher

        > removed]

      • Michael Mojher
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2006
          Jeanann,
          I sent you a link to the search. You can do it yourself. Signing up costs nothing. Just go to MyHeritage.com
          Michael Mojher
          hi could you try a surname for me? Rak. now Serbia.
          they lived in Lacarak, Hungary. thanks jeanann

          --- Michael Mojher <mgmojher@...> wrote:

          > I have tried the website MyHeritage.com and was
          > impressed with its Beta Search Engine. You must sign
          > up before using. It will search a given and/ or
          > surname. With up to 10 variants of the surname
          > spelling. It searches 400+ genealogy databases
          > worldwide. This certainly is a time saver. I used
          > only three spellings of Mojher and had hits in 65
          > databases.
          > Michael Mojher

          > removed]

        • Caye Caswick
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 9, 2006
            Mike:

            Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention.
            After doing a few simple searches I got curious about
            what databases MyHeritage.com was using -- when I
            stumbled across a few of the european ship manifest
            search engines -- I used them separately and

            EUREKA!!!!

            I was able to locate my grandmother's passage from
            Bremen to New York -- as it was not part of the Ellis
            Island or Castle Gardens databases. The actual
            manifest is not available, but the information is -- I
            was also able to see who else from her village came
            during that specific time thru the Bremen port. And
            the history of the ship she came on -- which at one
            time was used by The Kaiser Wilhelm as his vacation
            cruiseship, lol!

            Thanks, appreciate your sharing this with us.

            Caye

            --- Michael Mojher <mgmojher@...> wrote:

            > I have tried the website MyHeritage.com and was
            > impressed with its Beta Search Engine. You must sign
            > up before using. It will search a given and/ or
            > surname. With up to 10 variants of the surname
            > spelling. It searches 400+ genealogy databases
            > worldwide. This certainly is a time saver. I used
            > only three spellings of Mojher and had hits in 65
            > databases.
            > Michael Mojher

            > removed]

            Yahoo! Music Unlimited