Re: [S-R] Definition of rude

  • Dr. Joe Q.
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2006
      I did not defined rude. I gave examples of when the word "rude" is
      incorrectly applied as a label by some individuals to a remark or
      behavior that is trite, short, or when a behavior or remark is not
      understood by an individual who is defensive. That individual will
      incorrectly state that the remark or behavior is rude. The term rude is
      often inflammatory and should only be used in the proper context and not
      as a defensive remark. The definitions you provided are correct .

      Dr. "Q"

      Carl Kotlarchik wrote:

      >Dear Doc.Q.
      >Well my Webster's dictionary also gives the definition of "rude" as
      >being "offensive in manner or action" and "discourteous". I guess
      >you chose to overlook those definitions just as you apparently choose
      >to overlook the behavior.
      >Carl

    • William F Brna
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2006
        Dear Carl,

        You are being rude and offensive in not dropping a topic that few people
        care about. Quit wasting our time with silly messages. Those of us who
        have been fortunate enough to have met Vladimir Bohinc do not believe
        that he has a rude bone in his body.

        William F. Brna