Re: [S-R] Re: Asking questions

  • Nick Holcz
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 2, 2006
      At 02:56 PM 2/11/2006, you wrote:

      >Hello Everyone,
      >
      >I just wanted to add to this thread about "asking questions."

      Poor old Confucius who is blamed for all these sayings. He supposedly
      said " a man who asks a question is a fool for a minute but a man who
      doesn't ask a question is a fool forever "

      Ask away, mostly i can't help but i will if I can.

      Nick
    • Antal Burjan
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 2, 2006
        And all the 'confucion' started with his saying .. though the spelling changed during the centuries....

        >I just wanted to add to this thread about "asking questions."

        Poor old Confucius who is blamed for all these sayings. He supposedly
        said " a man who asks a question is a fool for a minute but a man who
        doesn't ask a question is a fool forever "

        Ask away, mostly i can't help but i will if I can.

        Nick

      • Vladimir Bohinc
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 2, 2006
          Dear all,
          One list which I am a member of is quite strict on questions. Very often the enquirer is directed to study the archives of the list for same and similar topics first before addressing the group. This is always being told in a very determined manner.
          Maybe there should be some simple and short rules for the newcomers so they would know how to formulate their problem in order to be most effective.
          I would definitely suggest that. The first thing they have to learn is to think and enquire systematically. This can be explained once and then everyone could benefit from it. ( I know there are myriads of guidelines out there, but they are mostly long and complicated. We could use a shorter and simpler version; by knowing what resources can the group provide this should not be difficult)
          I agree with Karen; this was not one of my best mails. ( I think it was me ?:-)
          Vladimir Bohinc

          going to bed again:-(

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 2, 2006
            Hi!

            I lost my login and password to access all the goodies on our group site. Does anyone know who can help me?

            Kathi
            Researching
            Kammer,Kalanin,Mesaros,Dzurko,Boledovich,Bunton,Simun,Baranek...Eastern Slovakia

          • amiak27
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 2, 2006
              Kathi,
              Create a new ID and log in. Also get a notebook to keep near the
              computer where you can enter the different ID's and statistics you
              submit to each of the places you must sign into. I vary my
              statistics a bit at each place, keeping it close to reality to keep
              their demographic analysis of users honest, and I go about my
              business.

              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "K_Higgison" <khiggison@...>