Lexicon universorum Regni Hungariae

  • treimer@nycap.rr.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2006
      I'm looking at some information on villages in the Zips cited from
      the "Lexicon universorum Regni Hungariae" of 1773. The lexicon was
      first published in 1920 (!).

      I am wondering about whether only one manuscript copy was made till it
      was published, or whether many manuscript copies existed, and how
      reliable its information on languages used in the villages is. Did the
      government just ask the local Catholic minister?

      Thanks

      Thomas