Anonymous Posters

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2006
      The internet would be a better place if we all could legitimately reveal
      our identity (without fear of identity theft.) Having said that, I must
      admit to the following secret of mine.

      If you reveal to me your true identity, I will most likely spend time
      responding and working with you at much great length. Since my reward and
      satisfaction comes from seeing people succeed, I am motivated by knowing
      who you are and having you return again to post your accomplishments and
      research tribulations.

      The other reason is that I have a much higher degree of respect for an
      opinion or fact or question posed by an identifed person. It's not
      possible to establish trust and credibility with an anonymous source. I
      am more apt to discount the opinion. For example, I suspect that
      bill08357425402 is actually my dog, who likes to logon and make posts
      after I go to work ;)

      While Yahoo Groups is not entirely secure from spammers, it's fairly
      "closed door" in the sense that I feel relatively free to disclose my
      identity.

      --
      Bill Tarkulich
      http://www.tarkulich.com