Skapik family listed in the 1869 Census in Cerova and Prievaly, Okres Nyitra

  • David Holoshka (LD/EAB)
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2006
      Hi,

      You can find the Skapik family listed in the 1869 Census in Cerova,
      Jablonica and Prievaly, Okres Nyitra

      Regards,

      David

    • Pat Watkins
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2006
        I see so many postings about the 1869 census, but I know absolutely
        nothing about where or how to access it. Perhaps someone could
        direct me, please. Thanks.

        Pat Watkins
        ***********
        At 06:44 AM 11/1/2006, you wrote:

        >Hi,
        >
        >You can find the Skapik family listed in the 1869 Census in Cerova,
        >Jablonica and Prievaly, Okres Nyitra
        >
        >Regards,
        >
        >David

        >Checked by AVG Free Edition.

        Pat, Lane and Jesse

      • Carl Kotlarchik
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2006
          Hi Pat,
          You can find the 1869 Census on films at the LDS History Learning
          Center. Only about half of the counties in what is now Slovakia
          have been released. However, Nyitra is in the catalog so you are in
          luck. Go to the LDS catalog and under the key word search, type
          1869 Hungarian Census. Then find Nyitra and click on it. From
          there click on the "view film notes" and look for your villages.
          You will have to take these film numbers to the LDS center nearest
          you to order the films.

          I'm not sure this will work but here is the link to the LDS catalog
          page for Nyitra:

          http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.
          asp?display=titledetails&columns=*%2C0%2C0&titleno=975004&disp=N%C3%
          A9psz%C3%A1ml%C3%A1l%C3%A1s%2C+1869++

          good luck,
          Carl

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Pat Watkins <partygator@...>
          wrote:

          > I see so many postings about the 1869 census, but I know
          absolutely
          > nothing about where or how to access it. Perhaps someone could
          > direct me, please. Thanks.
          >
          > Pat Watkins
          > ***********
          > At 06:44 AM 11/1/2006, you wrote:
          >
          > >Hi,
          > >
          > >You can find the Skapik family listed in the 1869 Census in
          Cerova,
          > >Jablonica and Prievaly, Okres Nyitra
          > >
          > >Regards,
          > >
          > >David

          > >Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          11/1/2006

          > Pat, Lane and Jesse

          11/1/2006

        • treimer@nycap.rr.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2006
            I'm looking at some information on villages in the Zips cited from
            the "Lexicon universorum Regni Hungariae" of 1773. The lexicon was
            first published in 1920 (!).

            I am wondering about whether only one manuscript copy was made till it
            was published, or whether many manuscript copies existed, and how
            reliable its information on languages used in the villages is. Did the
            government just ask the local Catholic minister?

            Thanks

            Thomas