Re: [S-R] trying to contact Vladimir Bohinc

  • bemimitwo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 31, 2006
      Thank you !.....well said!
      I was about to say the same thing but you said it better!

      I have learned so much about genealogy from all of the people in this group.
      It is just
      Unbelievable that they give so much time to all of us. They re-answer
      questions that have been asked over and over as new people join. Every person is at a
      different level of their quest and still they try to accommodate.
      Thank you all!
      Jennifer

    • helene cincebeaux
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 31, 2006
        Dear Maly,

        I have 4 people listing Skapik in the Slovak Pride data base and

        one listing for Sladicek, plus several for Sladik and one for Sladkova

        If you would like to have the contact information - just get back to me on my regular e mail helenezx@...

        would like to have your surnames and villages to add to the list-

        caujko

        helene

      • Vladimir Bohinc
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2006
          Dear Maly,
          I must admit I am not very much used to communicate with people who do not reveal their real name.
          I also do not have instant messenger switched on, so I received your mail and your second mail to the list simultaneously.
          I see, some people find my response rude etc. This was not my intention at all. Compared to what has been seen on slovak lists before this is almost like " maybe I could even like you.."
          I was not insulted at all.
          Whoever asked me about the names got a positive reply. But, as you already have been told by others, here in Europe, me particularly, we have different customs.
          Imagine, what I have to do, when I want something from somebody here; I have not only to fully identify ( verifyable) myself, but also have to use a very formal way of explaining everything and compose my letter or message in a way that will motivate the other party to move and do something for me.
          Not seldom I have to send money or send an additional fax or make a call. An enquiry without such formalities is always ignored.
          Although I do this as a profession I very very often provide various services for free. My motivation is not only money but also pleasure with helping someone who needs help. here I have to make a good blend of the two, since there is no work, which does not take time and this is limited with me.
          I do this for living.
          So, the real minimum what I expect from another party is to take the trouble and address me with my name and sign with his/her name.
          Then I will take the trouble and look for information and send a report.
          Internet is fine, but it tends to reduce all those formalities to the level where I do not feel comfortable any more. Of course, it is different, when I communicate with a friend.
          Other lists which I am a member of strictly require full name and address etc. This is more to my liking.
          To encourage others who want to contact me I even included my photo, which is not very common. I have nothing to hide.
          So, deal Little Listener, I will have a look what I have on your names, but would welcome if you could tell me more about the problem on your side. This would help me in preparing the answer to you better.
          With best regards,
          Vladimir Bohinc

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 1, 2006
            Dear maly posluhac,
            There is another consideration regarding anonimity. What if my worst competitor is trying to obtain information from me?
            I hope you will understand why I want to know who is who.
            With best regards,
            Vladimir Bohinc

            http://www.eset.sk