Re: Stephen Fry -\

  • AFe9963285@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2006
      >What movie are you all discussing? Was it a video for TV? I live in
      >California and I don't remember even seeing anything about this movie. Helen
      >Ruatti

      It is a series originally made for and broadcast on BBC 2 last year (or
      posibly late 2004) in UK. I expect Nick is watching a syndicated version in Oz.

      The series proved very popular and was credited with producing a surge in
      the number of people researching their family history in Britain. The gist was
      to take a British celebrity, research some of their roots and show the
      personal side of trials/tribulations of select ancestors. In some sense more of a
      social study. It did receive some criticism in the established family history
      community for making the research look too easy and not spending time on
      research methods. I believe a second series was shown on BBC 2 and another series
      is now starting on BBC 1 - with an even wider audience expected.

      Adrian Fenton
      Wexford, PA, USA

    • Helen Ruatti
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 31, 2006
        Thank you so much for the information. Now I wonder if there is any way I
        could get a copy. It sounds interesting and since it is about Slovakia, I
        would really like a copy. Has it been produced as a DVD or a Video in the
        US? We need some programs like this in the US. Helen Gagyo Ruatti