Re: [S-R] Stephen Fry

  • Amanda Lovitt
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 29, 2006
      What is the name of the movie/program please?

      I missed the beginning of the thread (called a mad household!).

      Nick, if you've got it taped, it must have been on in Western Australia - or on foxtel or something.

      Clues please?

      Thanks

      Amanda Lovitt
      Australind

    • Nick Holcz
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 29, 2006
        At 09:20 PM 29/10/2006, you wrote:

        >I did his genealogy in Slovakia. Didn't you recognize me in the movie?:-)
        >Vladimir

        Vladimir and all, I did tape the last part of the show. I just
        finished watching it.
        I cried with Stephen and I still have tears in my eyes.
        I feel exactly like he does I know that most of my father's family
        was murdered in the camps but seeing it in the records makes me cry again.
        I would like to repeat what he said but that is not acceptable to a
        lot of you so I will just say

        that expletive word Auswich.

        Nick
      • Vladimir Linder
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 30, 2006
          HI all my hard cover book about st. James in Levoca has just been
          published in Levoca.

          Vladi
        • gklodzen@aol.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 31, 2006
            In a message dated 10/29/2006 4:42:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
            janammann@... writes:

            << And that is all that counts in the long run. That sometimes in our lives
            we do "sparkle" and we do add "just a little bit of light" into the darkness.

            So very true, Jan. Reminds me of what I often heard as a child about the
            significance of lighting just "one little candle"

            New to the list, and enjoying all the commentary,
            Gene Klodzen
          • Jan Ammann
            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 31, 2006
              Hello and welcome to you Gene....

              I am sure I speak for a lot of members who also welcome you!!! This is one of the finest lists on the Web...........nice and intelligent and knowledgeable people who are helpful and will do their very best to help you on any question you may ask.

              This membership is worldwide and therefore we not only learn new "stuff" but we also learn to know and respect people who live in different surroundings.

              So.........good luck in your searching!!!..............and again...........as we say in Texas...."glad to hav ya!"..........smile............

              Jan