Re: "Kosailne" examples

  • amiak27
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 23, 2006
      Thanks for the upload; having a hundred pairs of eyes on it will
      probably be the best thing you can have.

      As second best, go to
      http://www.jewishgen.org/ShtetlSeeker/LocTown.asp
      and type in "Slovakia" and "Orlov" and they will come up with a list
      of settlements within 10 miles (or 10 km if you prefer), along with
      current names and some older names for the same location.

      I read among the K's: Krendželovka; Krempach, Kremná; Kriviany,
      Krivany; Krá¾ova Studòa; Kamenica; Kyjov; Kozelec; and Šenviz,
      Krásna Lúka.

      Ron

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "squinch42" <vpfezziwig@...>
      wrote:

      > I uploaded a FILE today entitled "Ancestor Document" showing a
      cropped
      > extract from an 1840 Orlov church record. The spelling
      of "Kosailne"
      > differs between the groom and witness. The former appears to be
      > Kosailne while the latter could be Kosailno or Kosailnu. The word
      > appears where the "place name" normally appears in Orlov's
      records.

      > Other poorly written versions (yes, the rest are worse examples)
      > appear to be written as Kosculno, Koseuhrusen, Koszavnai and
      Koslyelne
      > as near as I can determine. I do not have jpg files for these,
      > unfortunately. I have ordered the LDS 1869 census film for
      Kozselecz