Re: Kosailne, Help Find

  • Vladimir Linder
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 20, 2006
      KOSAILNE check the spelling for I am sure you got it wrong. Orlov
      is still there, close to Plavec betveen Stara Lubovna and Bardejov.

      Vladi

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Mojher" <mgmojher@...>
      wrote:

      > Dear Group,
      > I'm trying to find Kosailne.
      > Story, from 1839 to 1847 in the Orlov (Slovak) / Orlo
      (Hungarian) Greek Catholic Records Orlov/Orlo was replaced with the
      word Kosailne. These were marriage records.
      > Thanks,
      > Michael Mojher

    • squinch42
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 20, 2006
        The citation comes from a mid-1800's Olrov GC marriage record. The
        bride's notaion shows her to be from Orlov. The groom is
        from "Kosailne" and his father ans witness,"Kosailnen". This is the
        best guess and least smudged view of the spelling, all others can
        only be guessed at but look like variations on "Kosailne". It may
        well be an incorrect spelling. "Kosailne" or a variation appears in
        the Orlov records seven times over eight years, then disappears.
        Subsequent records for the family cite only Orlov. One other place
        name might be Kozelec (Kozselecz), a few miles WSE of Orlov. Your
        opinions are welcomed.

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Vladimir Linder"
        <vlinder49@...> wrote:

        > KOSAILNE check the spelling for I am sure you got it wrong. Orlov
        > is still there, close to Plavec betveen Stara Lubovna and Bardejov.
        >
        > Vladi
        >

        > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Mojher" <mgmojher@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Dear Group,
        > > I'm trying to find Kosailne.
        > > Story, from 1839 to 1847 in the Orlov (Slovak) / Orlo
        > (Hungarian) Greek Catholic Records Orlov/Orlo was replaced with the
        > word Kosailne. These were marriage records.
        > > Thanks,
        > > Michael Mojher

      • Vladimir Linder
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 20, 2006
          It is now called HROMOS and it is south west of ORLOV 6 miles, close
          enough. I am sure as HROMOS used to be called KOZELEC It datss back
          to 1427. I can do it all for you video, pictures or research and the
          history translation. Contact me private. I leave in: 53 ours

          Vladi

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "squinch42" <vpfezziwig@...>