Re: Kosailne, Help Find

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 20, 2006
      >>>I'm trying to find Kosailne.<<<

      Here's an answer in Slovakia though unlikely based upon
      DISTANCE. "Kostolany nad Hornádom (also called Družstevná pri
      Hornáde), Slovakia, formerly Kosztolány-Szentistván (or Hernád-
      Szentistván) Sáros, Hungary."

      The Polish suggestions might be a lot closer. The border is only 5 km
      and there is both road and rail service.
    • Vladimir Linder
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 20, 2006
        KOSAILNE check the spelling for I am sure you got it wrong. Orlov
        is still there, close to Plavec betveen Stara Lubovna and Bardejov.

        Vladi

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Mojher" <mgmojher@...>
        wrote:

        > Dear Group,
        > I'm trying to find Kosailne.
        > Story, from 1839 to 1847 in the Orlov (Slovak) / Orlo
        (Hungarian) Greek Catholic Records Orlov/Orlo was replaced with the
        word Kosailne. These were marriage records.
        > Thanks,
        > Michael Mojher

      • squinch42
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 20, 2006
          The citation comes from a mid-1800's Olrov GC marriage record. The
          bride's notaion shows her to be from Orlov. The groom is
          from "Kosailne" and his father ans witness,"Kosailnen". This is the
          best guess and least smudged view of the spelling, all others can
          only be guessed at but look like variations on "Kosailne". It may
          well be an incorrect spelling. "Kosailne" or a variation appears in
          the Orlov records seven times over eight years, then disappears.
          Subsequent records for the family cite only Orlov. One other place
          name might be Kozelec (Kozselecz), a few miles WSE of Orlov. Your
          opinions are welcomed.

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Vladimir Linder"
          <vlinder49@...> wrote:

          > KOSAILNE check the spelling for I am sure you got it wrong. Orlov
          > is still there, close to Plavec betveen Stara Lubovna and Bardejov.
          >
          > Vladi
          >

          > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Mojher" <mgmojher@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Dear Group,
          > > I'm trying to find Kosailne.
          > > Story, from 1839 to 1847 in the Orlov (Slovak) / Orlo
          > (Hungarian) Greek Catholic Records Orlov/Orlo was replaced with the
          > word Kosailne. These were marriage records.
          > > Thanks,
          > > Michael Mojher

        • Vladimir Linder
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 20, 2006
            It is now called HROMOS and it is south west of ORLOV 6 miles, close
            enough. I am sure as HROMOS used to be called KOZELEC It datss back
            to 1427. I can do it all for you video, pictures or research and the
            history translation. Contact me private. I leave in: 53 ours

            Vladi

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "squinch42" <vpfezziwig@...>